About Pearson Publishing
For over twenty years, Pearson Publishing has worked with schools, colleges and other educational settings to:
- help them provide the best quality of education and pastoral care to their pupils
- offer effective professional development for their staff
- build good community relations.
We emphasise the following in all that we do:
- Working in partnership – Our customers are more than just that: they are our partners.
- Institutional improvement – We strive to help institutions to save staff time, reduce paperwork and raise attainment and standards of care.
- Solving problems – We work closely with institutions and help them improve by listening to their needs and providing solutions.
- Reducing costs – Our prices are kept low and represent excellent value for money, with no extra charges for online training.
- Customer support – We take customer support seriously and try to be available by phone and email whenever we are needed.
- Knowledge and integrity – Pearson Publishing has over 20 years’ experience of supplying the education market. We are proud of our continuing commitment to the sector.
Pearson Publishing offers an extensive selection of resources to support pupils, individual professionals and whole institutions at foundation, primary, secondary and post-16 level. These are provided in a range of printed formats, fixed digital media and online. Titles are available through the main online catalogue and the direct-download site Teach Stuff/Learn Stuff.
Online tools – consultation and more
Pearson Publishing also provides a growing number of online tools for schools and other organisations. Many of these facilitate stakeholder consultation and self-evaluation, using simple, accessible question sets to produce clear, compelling reports.
Working with local authorities, Pearson Publishing also provides the Track service, which gives virtual headteachers all the information they need about the looked after children in their care in a single place.
Pearson Publishing has also founded two other organisations:
NAPTA is the leading organisation supporting the professional development of teaching assistants and school support staff. It has worked with over 100 local authorities, 8000 schools and 150,000 individual staff members.Visit website
Anspear provides interactive language learning solutions for mobile phones. These engage a wide range of groups, including the hardest-to-reach and most vulnerable. Learning is personalised and can take place at any time, anywhere and without stigma.Visit website