Compared to full INSET days, when staff would rather be elsewhere, or twilight sessions, when people are too tired even to enjoy the spooky-sounding name, mobile learning seems like a great option for staff CPD:
- Staff can schedule their learning whenever is convenient for them.
- A far greater range of courses and programmes can be offered.
- Course materials can stay on users’ devices as a reference source after they have finished your course – and even be updated when needed.
- Using nimbl, tracking data can provide an instant record of each staff member’s CPD, obviating the need for extra record keeping.
- Better uses can be found for what would have been INSET days, such as going on holiday.
That’s why we’re in the process of hugely expanding the range of mobile CPD materials that we have available. We’re working on courses for pastoral care, safeguarding, classroom teaching, middle management and more, to enable staff in all kinds of education settings to put together their own CPD programme so that no time is wasted. Expect to hear much more about our CPD Library very soon.